Temp mail use cases
Why do we need a temp mail? Often, websites and online services ask for a valid e-mail address to register, access and view or receive content, etc. The problem, however, is that some of these sites may end up using our email address to send spam.
One good way to deal with this is to use a temp email address when you are not sure that this website is completely credible and trustworthy. This will help you keep your personal e-mail spam free and protect your privacy.
The disposable mail (also known as temp mail, temporary mail, 10 minute mail) works like any other email service with some differences:
- It is short-living – from a few minutes up to few days (Тempmailo keep old emails for 2 days).
- It's just for receiving emails. Sending a mail via temp mail service is impossible.
- Only text and html messages are allowed, file attachments are disabled. The main reason for this is to protect users from dangerous content and viruses.
There are a few basic cases where you need temporary mail
- For programmers to test the functionality of email part of the developed applications. They no longer need to create special test email inboxes. In Tempmailo they are ready right away. Our API will also soon become publicly available, which will make the job even easier.
- When you need to keep your personal data and privacy from suspicious websites and services, and to protect your personal mail from unwanted messages and junk mail. By using temp email you will no longer have to worry about it. Online privacy is now a huge concern for everyone. Temp mail is a good protection against dangers.
- For each site or associated services, which is not important to you
- For temporary registration on forums, mail listings to receive subscription protected content
- On any non-trustworthy place on the internet
- Registration in social networks - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
Note: Never use disposable mail for important information. It is short-living and your mail address is only temporary.